Join us in creating lifelong memories through an engaging and educational day of culture!
- Date: Saturday, June 17th, 2023
- Time: 11am – 4pm
- Location: Lake Maude Recreation Park
June 19th is the official day of observance to celebrate African American and our newest National Holiday! Juneteenth marks the liberation of thousands of enslaved people of Galveston, Texas, on June 19th, 1865. This was two and a half years after President Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation. It is a tribute to the perseverance, and faith of African Americans.
Utilizing the many nonprofits and local educational institutions within Polk County, the festival will promote and provide an abundance of education and health resources. Additionally, his event will enhance each attendees’ understanding of African American culture by strategically infusing the visual and performing arts. The City aims to provide fun and safe activities, community awards, contests, and games while enjoying influential jazz and R&B musical acts.
Vendors & Sponsors
Winter Haven is home to over 1,500 minority-owned businesses. This celebration will provide vendors of all categories with the opportunity to expand their customer base while pouring into their own community. Limited vendor spots are available. Please take note of the following guidelines:
- Nonprofit vendor space (10×10): Please email Natalie Wilson for further information: [email protected]
- Business vendor space (10×10): $60 / $75 after May 19th
- Food vendor space (10×10): $95 / $135 after May 19th
- Retail & Non-profit vendors are restricted from distributing/selling any food or beverage items.
- All applications are due by May 26th, 2023, at 5:00 p.m.
- All vendor fees must be submitted in full by June 1st, 2023, at 5:00 p.m.
- Vendors are required to stay for the entirety of the event.