- Job Title: Special Events Coordinator
- Category: Full-Time
- Status: Open
- Closing Date: 9/1/22, 5:00 p.m.
- Application: Click Here
Salary and Benefits
- $39,353 – $51,542, Pending Job Related Experience
- Annual Step for Performance Pay Plan
- 12 Paid Holidays Per Year
- 12 Vacation Days Minimum, Earned Per Year
- 12 Sick Days Earned Per Year
- Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance Benefits
- 401(a) Retirement Plan and Social Security Coverage
- Flexible Education, Training, and Development Opportunities
- Education/Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program – to include Mental Health Assistance/Services
Essential Job Functions
The Special Events Coordinator performs highly responsible professional work in the coordination of special events, including volunteer management, for Parks and Recreation programs and services. They plan, organize, manage and coordinate internal and external events that require the use of City resources and/or properties.
Leadership and clear communication skills are important skills as this role serves as the chair of the City’s internal Special Event Review Committee. This position works with other City departments, outside agencies, community organizations, vendors, and residents. The Special Events Coordinator represents the City on various event committees and partners with the Communications Department to prepare and update division promotional materials including electronic and print media. They respond to public requests concerning special events.
The Special Events Coordinator distributes, receives and processes event applications and related fees. They prepare reports and presentations relative to City-provided services and operations; administer the special event fee schedule and waiver program, oversee the special event application process, and implement all special events procedures.
The Special Events Coordinator prepares and monitors event budgets, including purchasing necessary supplies and securing talent and/or vendors for events.
Volunteers are an important aspect of the City’s special events. This position develops and administers an on-going program for the recruitment, processing, and utilization of volunteers.
As part of the Parks, Recreation and Culture team, the Special Events Coordinator will assist with other departmental activities and services as needed.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university.
- Two (2) years experience in programming and facilitating a variety of special events or recreation activities.
- Certified Parks and Recreation Professional Certification
- An equivalent combination of education and experience that is determined to be directly related to the foregoing specific
requirements may be substituted.
- Possession of a valid Florida drivers’ license and a good driving record as determined by the City of Winter Haven.
- Absence of non-prescribed control substances in the applicant’s system as verified through a screening process administered by a laboratory approved by the City of Winter Haven.
PHYSICAL / ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS:
- Must have the physical ability, strength and flexibility to perform the job functions in the work environment. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.
“EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER”