Members of the Youth Leadership Council will experience hands-on activities over the course of the four weeks while gaining a much better understanding of what it takes to work in the field of Public Safety.
The Council consists of approximately 12 members who serve voluntarily and meet every-other week with agency members for a total of four meetings. All sessions are held on Thursdays from 8am – 3pm.
2022 Dates: June 16 – June 23 – July 7 – July 14
Activities for the Council include:
- Experience hands-on scenarios with both Police and Fire.
- Participate in activities at the Burnam-McCall Training Facility.
- Tour the Polk County Jail, Booking Facility and meet with court officials.
- Ride with both Winter Haven Police and Fire for a shift.
- Tour the Polk County Sheriff’s Emergency Communications Center (9-1-1).