Polk County Parks & Rec
Use nature from your own backyard and follow along to learn how to create your own suncatcher!
Polk County Parks and Recreation [email protected] program will be providing fun and easy How To videos for creating low cost, at home activities, to do as a family. Get creative! Show off your creation in the comments section of this post.
• 8 Large popsicle sticks
• Contact paper
- Using popsicle sticks and glue, make two frames. Lay them side by side.
- Lay the contact paper over both frames and cut enough to match the height and width of the frames.
- Fill half of your contact paper with things from nature – leaves, petals, grass, etc. Then fold the other side of the paper over and press firmly to create a closed square filled with your nature art! Cut off the excess paper.
- Cut a piece of yarn and tie or glue to one of the frames.
- Place your art between your two popsicle frames and glue them together.
- Video here: https://fb.watch/bZuZWWnEmz/