9th Annual WHPD 5k – 3/12/22 info
The #WHPD5k is right around the corner. Here are the FAQ:
- PACKET PICK UP – There will be two packet pick ups:
- Friday, March 11 at the Winter Haven Public Library, 325 Ave. A NW, from 4p – 7p. Please don’t arrive early. We will not be allowed to set up until 3:30p so we won’t be ready for you if you arrive before 4.
- Day of Packet Pick Up – we will be inside the library starting at 6:30a on the day of the race.
- START TIME – The 5k starts at 8a. The start line is outside of the library (west side by the park).
- PARKING – Please avoid parking on 4th St. NW and 5th St. NW at the parks (between Central Ave. and Ave. B NW). You will get blocked in and won’t be able to leave until the event is over. There is plenty of parking in the Winter Haven Parking Garage (located at the corner of 3rd St. NW and Ave. A NW) or street parking in that area.
- AWARDS – We will be going back to having a normal awards ceremony. If you have won an award, please stick around to be recognized.
- BATHROOMS – There will be bathrooms available for event use inside the library.
- WAIVERS – Please check your emails for a waiver reminder. If you have already signed the waiver, you won’t receive a reminder. If you receive a reminder, please log in and sign off on the form. If your waiver is not signed, you will need to come see us at one of the packet pick ups to sign a paper waiver. Unfortunately, if your waiver is unsigned, you won’t be able to have anyone else pick up your packet for you.
Thanks for supporting the WHPD5k, Special Olympics Florida, and the SOFL athletes! We all appreciate you!
Thanks to our Title Sponsors Tucker Paving, Inc., Everett Whitehead & Son, Inc., Florida Caribbean Distillers, and Kelley Automotive Group. Yay