Boys and Girls Club:
18th Annual Smoke on the Water BBQ Competition
The Annual Smoke on the Water BBQ Competition is hosted each February. Funds raised benefit the Boys & Girls Clubs of Polk County.
More than 80 teams from across the country will compete! Unique entertainment includes; a Music Festival, an aerial flyover, and awards for the best chicken, ribs, pork, and brisket, which will be announced at 5:30 p.m on Saturday.
Admission to Smoke on the Water 2022 is $10 Friday Night, $2 Saturday and kids 10 years and younger can enter for free. Stop by a Pig Bucks booth (located near the entrance and various locations throughout) and exchange your cash for Pig Bucks, the official currency of Smoke on the Water. By purchasing food from competition teams, you are supporting their efforts and the
Boys & Girls Clubs of Polk County!
- We are providing Free Parking with Shuttle Service for Smoke on The Water beginning Friday night at 5:00 PM and ending Saturday at 10:00 PM.
- Paid parking ($5 Cash per Vehicle) is also available at Garner Elementary school located at 2500 Havendale Blvd (walking distance to the event) and Handicap parking will also be available at Garner Elementary at no charge.
- There’s plenty of Free parking available at Oak Ridge Funeral Care (2425 Havendale Blvd. NW), Champions Church (1801 Havendale Blvd.) and El Shaddai Community Church (2551 Havendale Blvd NW).
- Convenient shuttle service will be offered at our free parking lots Friday (5pm-10pm) and Saturday (10am-10pm).
- Paid and handicap parking is conveniently located in walking distance to the event.