Best Spinach Dip Ever In A Bread Bowl
By Allison Williams
New Years is right around the corner. Are you looking for a delicious appetizer to create for either your evening in or to take to your party out?
I came across this spinach dip recipe – and it is literally titled ‘Best Spinach Dip Ever.’
- 1 container of sour cream (about 16 oz)
- 1 cup of mayo
- 1/2 bag of frozen spinach
- 1 pack of dry leek soup mix
- 1 loaf of round sourdough bread
- 1 can of water chestnuts (optional – I do it without, but your choice!)
Now for creating your masterpiece appetizer:
- Combine the sour cream, mayo, spinach, dry leek soup mix and water chestnuts into a bowl. Mix them up and then chill in the fridge for at least 6 hours. I found it easiest to prepare the ingredients the night before you want to serve the appetizer. If you do this, you can just chill the bowl in the fridge overnight.
- Take your round loaf of sourdough bread and slice the top of it off. Pull the interior of the bread out to make your bowl. This should leave a sturdy-feeling bread bowl. Add to the bowl: your spinach concoction that you mixed in the bowl.
- **Save the interior of the bread bowl pieces! you can use these pieces for dipping into your spinach dip! Yum.
Enjoy! Let us know if you try this out for New Years Eve or for any day really!