* 10th Annual WHPD 5k – 3/11/23*
The #whpd5k is right around the corner. Here are the FAQ:
- REGISTRATION – Online registration will be shut off Tuesday, March 7 at NOON. This gives us ample time to update the run information and get it to the timing company. You WILL be able to register after that in person on race day or at packet pick up.
If you are a VIRTUAL registration with a MAILED packet, that registration type will be shut off on Sunday, March 5. Packets will be mailed on Tuesday, March 7.
- PACKET PICK UP – There will be two packet pickups:
- Friday, March 10 at the Winter Haven Public Library, 325 Ave. A NW, from 4p – 7p. Please don’t arrive early since we will still be working on set up.
- Day of Packet Pick Up – we will be inside the library starting at 6:30a on the day of the race.
- START TIME – The 5k starts at 8a. The start line is outside of the library (west side by the park).
- PARKING – Please avoid parking on 4th St. NW and 5th St. NW at the parks (between Central Ave. and Ave. B NW). You will get blocked in and won’t be able to leave until the event is over. There is plenty of parking in the Winter Haven Parking Garage (located at the corner of 3rd St. NW and Ave. A NW) or street parking in that area.
- AWARDS – If you have won an award, please stick around to be recognized.
- RAFFLES – We have more than 60 awesome raffle prizes! Each participant receives one free entry. You will be able to buy additional tickets at the packet pickups. Tickets must be purchased prior to the start of the 5k! The funds will go to Special Olympics Florida.
- BATHROOMS – There will be bathrooms available for event use inside the library.
- WAIVERS – Please check your emails for a waiver reminder. If you have already signed the waiver, you won’t receive a reminder. If you receive a reminder, please log in and sign off on the form. If your waiver is not signed, you will need to come see us at one of the packet pickups to sign a paper waiver. Unfortunately, if your waiver is unsigned, you won’t be able to have anyone else pick up your packet for you.
Please check back to this post for additional updates.
Thanks for supporting the WHPD5k, Special Olympics Florida, and the SOFL athletes! We all appreciate you!
Thanks to our Title Sponsors Tucker Paving, Inc., Everett Whitehead & Son, Inc., Kelley Automotive Group Winter Haven, Southern Atlantic Law Group, and The Bird Family!